Chromium Carbide CrC Overlay
• Ideal for sliding abrasion (chutes, cyclones, pipes etc).• Cost effective. Cuts downtime costs.
• Unique MaxCSTM system for Maximum Carbide Saturation.
• Outlast normal ‘400’ and ‘500’ materials by 8-12 times.
• Withstands heat up to 600°C.
• Can be countersunk and holed, stud-welded, rolled and fabricated.
• Thickness from 6mm (3/3) to 30mm (20mm CrC on the 10mm base).
Rio-Carb lon-life liners have a combination of abrasion resistant Chromium Carbide (CrC) alloy welded onto a ductile mild steel base plate.
• Rio-Carb exploit these properties to the full with its MaxCSTM development.
• The R-C700 consists of CrC particles suspended in a hard and stable matrix.
• The Carbide hardness is approximately 1 800 VPN.
• Macro-hardness of 55-60 Rc.
• The relief cracks are desirable and indicate that there is no cracking away of the hard layer from the mild steel base.
Table of Properties
Hardness - 56Rc (Outlasts normal ‘400” and ’500’ materials by 8-12 times)
Co-efficient of friction - μ0.195 Rc (CrC on polished Mild Steel)
Wear Rate - 17.3mm3 (ASTM G-65) (”400” is 162.3mm3)
Chemistry (CrC) - Nominally 24% Chromium : 4% Carbon plus Manganese, Silicon and other elements up to 4%
Backing Plate - 350WA Mild Steel
Bending Ratio - Radius = 40 x thickness overall
Plate Sizes - 1.5m x 3.0m = 4.5m2 usable area
Heat - Up to 600°C
|OVERALL PLATE THICKNESS mm||DESCRIPTION mm||MASS Kg/m2||MASSTonne/m2|
|DETAILS||SPECIFICATION AND TOLERANCE|
|Size Measurement||Plus 1mm, minus 2mm|
|Diagonal Measurement||Plus 1mm, minus 2mm|
|Flatness||Max. 2mm deviation over 500mm|
|Crack Pattern||Relief tracks run across the weld bead. ±40mm apart|
|Weld Beads||No gaps, peaks or valleys between beads. Stringer type beads not permitted|
|Plate Thickness||Plus 0.5mm to minus 0.5mm|
|Plasma Etching||All part numbers permanently plasma etched on rear|
|Positioning of studs and holes||Plus 1mm or minus 1mm max|
|Bead “chips” or “flaking” of surface||NIL|
|Storage Protection||Painted Red Oxide Alkyd both sides|
|Weld Direction||Not important but adhered to if specified by customer|
|Studs||Positioned within 2.0mm|
|Hard Marking||Plasma Etched|